To those interested in applying for merit-based funding in Germany, the University of Hamburg Scholarships program will be taking applications for the class of 2023. For international students, these options allow them to concentrate only on their studies and provide a platform to develop their abilities. Scholarships are available to excellent overseas students and doctorate researchers in any field who are also actively engaged in social or intercultural work.
About Hamburg University
On March 28, 1919, the former General Lecture System, the Colonial Institute of Hamburg, and the Academic College merged to become what is now known as the University of Hamburg. More than 180 buildings are spread across the city of Hamburg to make up the University of Hamburg. The area is home to several important academic institutions, including the State and University Library Hamburg, and the Hamburg University Archive.
Simply put, the University of Hamburg in Germany is the best in the world. It is one of Germany’s most comprehensive academic institutions and the largest in northern Germany for research and teaching.
The student body has grown to around 43,000 since 2019, with 7,000 incoming first-year students yearly. There are now about 4,800 registered doctoral aspirants. There are 149 different areas of study available across six departments; all taught by one of the almost 700 faculty members. In addition, the institution employs more than 3,600 faculty and more than 7,000 support, service, and technical personnel.
Related: Unskilled jobs in Germany for foreigners
Details About The Scholarship:
- Degree Level: Masters/Ph.D. Program
- Institution: The University Hamburg
- Department: not specified
- Prize amount: €1650
- Access method: online
- Number of awards: unknown
- Nationality Eligibility: International
- Language: English
- Country: Germany
- Deadline for applications: October 15, 2023
If you are an overseas student interested in applying for University of Hamburg Scholarships in Germany 2023, read the following carefully.
- Before applying, you must have completed at least two semesters of coursework toward a relevant degree program at the University of Hamburg.
- All applicants should check that they are not eligible for or subject to any Federal student loan programs and
- All should have strong academic credentials to prove their eligibility.
Related: Master Mind Scholarships in Belgium 2023 (Fully funded)
- Scholarship winners at the University of Hamburg will receive the following perks:
- You can get up to €720 per month in funding, the maximum allowed.
- Depending on the availability of funds, a monthly merit prize of €1,000 may be awarded to a deserving Ph.D. student in a research field
- Opportunities are awarded for a full academic year depending on merit (12 months).
- You can reapply for a scholarship after you’ve already been awarded one.
- In exceptional circumstances, a maximum of three years of assistance is permissible.
- While receiving a scholarship, a student may stay within the country.
All Applicants Must Include
- Cover Letter,
- Academic Records,
- and Evidence of Residency in Germany
Related: Forage Virtual Internships 2023 (A Complete Guide)
How Can Apply?
Scholarships are available at the University of Hamburg;
- Sign up for a degree program at the University of Hamburg.
- Furthermore, you will be qualified to apply for the Scholarship.
- Sign up for STiNE ID and enroll in the course of your choice.
- Apply online by uploading all necessary paperwork.
- After registering, you will be taken to the application form; you should fill in all the necessary information here.
Please visit the University of Hamburg’s website for information on available scholarship funding.
Today, we discussed the particulars of the University of Hamburg’s international scholarship programs in Germany. Students pursuing a Master’s or Doctoral degree are eligible for scholarships. Application submissions are being accepted by students all over the world.