Now is the time to apply for the GKS Korean Government Undergraduate Scholarship. The Korean Government pays for all of the costs of the GKS Korean Government Undergraduate Scholarship 2024. IELTS is not needed for this grant. The GKS Undergraduate grant will be given to about 262 people. You can apply for both the Embassy Track and the University Track.
On the diplomatic track, you must apply through the Korean Embassy in the country where you have citizenship. On the University track, you can apply straight to one of the approved universities. There are 262 scholarships, with 86 seats set aside for the diplomatic track and 176 seats set aside for the university track.
Details of GKS Korean Government Undergraduate Scholarship 2024
- Host Country: South Korea
- Degree Level: Undergraduate, Associate Degree
- Number of Scholarships: 262
- Deadline: Different for each country
GKS Scholarship Benefits
The GKS is the biggest scholarship program ever offered by the Korean government. It is fully funded by the Korean government and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Scholarship Covers:
- Airfare (Return Air Ticket)
- Full tuition fees.
- Settlement Allowance
- Monthly Allowance
- 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee
- Degree Program Tuition Fee
- Thesis (Dissertation) Printing Fee Reimbursement
- Medical Allowance
- Degree Completion Grants
- Korean Proficiency Grants
- Exploration of Korean culture.
- Deepen Korean education.
- Professional and personal development of individuals.
- Prosperity around the globe.
Is the GKS scholarship available for undergraduates?
Yes, GKS gives scholarships to students in Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. studies. In 2024, the Call for Master’s and Ph.D. studies will start.
Duration of Program
- Associate Degree: The Korean language program is one year, and the degree program is two to three years.
- Undergraduate Degree: The language program takes one year, and the degree program takes between four and six years.
All areas of study are offered by universities that are part of the GKS.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the duration of this Scholarship Program?
Associate Degree: The Korean language program is one year, and the degree program is two to three years.
Undergraduate Degree: The language program takes one year, and the degree program takes between four and six years.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for GKS Scholarship?
Except for Koreans, people from every country can apply.
You can’t apply if you have a bachelor’s degree.
Applicants with associate degrees can only apply to bachelor’s programs.
A CGPA should be above 2.64 on a scale of 4, 2.80 on a scale of 4.3, 2.91 on a scale of 4.5, or 3.23 on a scale of 5.0.
The percentage score must be at least 80% or higher.
Should be under 25 years old.
Need to be healthy.
No record of a crime.