Apple Orchard Jobs in England with Visa Sponsorship (Earn up to £12 per Hour): In the year 2023, UK Government has announced 45,000 Visa Sponsorships for Horticulture Sector. Agriculture Sector employs 471,000 people i.e. only 1 % of the UK’s total population despite the extensive agriculture/ horticulture landscape of the country. Keeping in view this scarcity of workers, UK Government has initiated UK Farm Labor Program, which is a pathway to get UK Seasonal Worker Visa between 2nd October to 31st December every year to work in the UK’s Farm Sector for six months at least. According to a Bloomberg publication of 16th May 2023, UK Government will allow an extra 10,000 workers to enter UK’s Farm Labor next year. To cash this amazing opportunity, we have brought a relevant work opportunity for you i.e. Apple Orchard Jobs in England with Visa Sponsorship, offering you up to £12 per hour. Let’s go through the entire Job/ Visa Guideline of Apple Orchard Jobs in England with Visa Sponsorship.
Details of Apple Orchard Jobs in England with Visa Sponsorship
|Job Country||England UK|
|Job Type||Apple Orchard Workers|
|Minimum Experience Required||No|
|Education Required||Basic English|
|Any Age Limit||No|
|Employment Term||Full-Time and Temporary|
|Salary Hourly||£12-17 per hour.|
What are the Education & Experience Requirements of Apple Orchard Jobs in England with Visa Sponsorship?
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Physically fit and able to perform repetitive tasks, including bending, stooping, and lifting.
- Attention to detail to ensure the selection of high-quality fruits.
- Good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Ability to work as part of a team and follow instructions.
- Reliable and punctual with excellent time management skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Previous Experience as a Fruit Picker is preferred but not necessary.
- You should have a basic knowledge of various fruit varieties like Apple Varieties grown in England, Strawberries, or other fruits growing in a variety of forms in England.
- Knowledge of/ Abiding by Health and Safety Practices in a Farm Environment.
- All requirements should be fulfilled to get eligible for UK Seasonal Worker Visa as explained Here
What is the minimum Salary Package/ National Minimum Wage for an Apple Orchard Worker in England?
The minimum wages depend upon if you are a full-time employee, part-time, or an apprentice. They further depend upon a candidate’s age. From July 2023, minimum wages for Farm Workers or Fruit Pickers are set at 9 to 10 Pounds per hour. However, online databases tell us that the average minimum wage offered to Orchard Workers/ Apple Orchard Workers is £12-£17 per hour. Moreover, many businesses offer you a piece rate, which means you are paid as much as you work or in proportion to the pieces of apples you pick.
What are the Benefits to Apply for Apple Orchard Jobs in England with Visa Sponsorship?
- Attractive Salary Package.
- Paid Vacations and Holidays.
- Some employers offer free one-time meals while many offer free accommodation or accommodation support.
- All employees and farm workers will get medical insurance during their stay in UK. This insurance will cover all the expenses for your medical, injuries, and accidents.
- After completing a specific tenure (2-3 years), you can bring your spouse and family.
- Best way to earn side income as a student or temporary resident.
- Some employers offer subsidized transport programs or subsidized meal programs.
- Long-term employee benefits, employee social benefits, and other additional benefits.
- Visa Sponsorship for Overseas Candidates
- There are many job roles available throughout the UK as an Apple Picker from September to November besides many other Fruit Picking and Seasonal Farm Jobs.
How Long can I work as an Apple Orchard Worker/ Apple Picker in UK?
Your visa is valid for six months, but apple harvest season runs from mid-September to mid-November. But there are a myriad of other Fruit Picking Jobs you can take on as long as your visa is valid.
Job Duties of an Apple Picker/ Apple Orchard Worker:
- Picking apples from the fields and orchards.
- Separate the rotten and damaged apple pieces from the clean ones.
- Pack the apples in their respective cartons.
- Label the packages.
- Weighing fruit cartons before loading each carton into the truck.
- Manually cultivating and pruning apple trees.
- Taking care of orchards like regularly performing weeding, rock picking, hoeing weeds, racking old leaves, loosening the soil around the plants, leveling the earth, etc.
- Manually/ By hand thinning apples from the trees.
- Placing bins in the orchard before harvest.
- Cleaning orchard.
- Repairing / Disposing of old or broken baskets.
- Sorting out over-ripened or rotten apples.
- Handling ladders up to 60 lbs.
- Load picked fruit and vegetables into containers while taking care/ avoiding any possible damage.
- Some pickers are also required to drive tractors or other vehicles to deliver fruit and vegetables to the packing shed.
Does England needs foreign Fruit Pickers?
The UK launched the seasonal workers pilot scheme in 2019 after concerns about a shortage of labor for harvesting jobs on farms on leaving the EU. Most of the 2,481 workers who came to the UK under the scheme were employed picking soft fruits, almost entirely on farms in England and Scotland according to the Guardian.
The British government has announced that it intends to award 45,000 seasonal visas next year for workers in the horticulture sector (so the production of fruits, vegetables, and other plants), just like this year.
British farmers have been struggling to find enough workers due to tougher immigration rules in the wake of Brexit. This led the government to increase the number of seasonal farmworker visas from 15,000 in 2022 to 45,000 in 2023. On Tuesday, 16 May 2023, Prime Minister Rishi Susnak told the press release that government could potentially issue another 10,000 visas for farmworkers, so 55,000 total if needed.
Who can Apply for Apple Orchard Jobs in England with Visa Sponsorship?
All Asian, African, and Latin American countries, can apply for Apple Orchard Jobs in England with Visa Sponsorship.
- The Grenadines
- Saudi Arabia
How to Apply for/ Where to Find Apple Orchard Jobs in England with Visa Sponsorship?
Picking Jobs is UK’s No. 1 Job Portal where you will find thousands of Fruit Picking Jobs in England with Visa Sponsorship along with Apple Picking Jobs. The website is very easy to use and follow the procedure below to find Apple Orchard Worker Jobs in England with Sponsorship. It will list all types of Jobs, fields, names of companies, occupations, and all job descriptions. The first thing is to get a Job.
- How to Find a Job on Picking Jobs Website: First Visit the website. www.pickingjobs.com
- It will list more than 100 jobs for Orchard Workers
- Then, in the Search Bar enter the Keyword “Visa Sponsorship“, Orchard Jobs/ Fruit Picking Jobs/ Apple Orchard Jobs/ Apple Picking Jobs.
- Then Select Location “UK“. Click on All UK
- Now it will list all Jobs in UK that Supports Visa Sponsorship.
Indeed is one of the biggest and most accredited job search portals in UK and all over the World. You can search for any type of Orchard Workers Jobs on this website. Let’s find a suitable one for you.
Their Salary Starts from £12-£18. The benefit is the positions are Full time and Visa Sponsorship is available.
- How to Apply: First Visit this Website: www.ukindeed.com
- In the search bar Write “Visa Sponsorship”. or Orchard Jobs/ Fruit Picking Jobs / Apple Orchard Jobs/ Apple Picking Jobs or any related search.
- It will list all Jobs across UK related to farming that offer Visa Sponsorship. facilities.
More Ways to Apply for Apple Orchard Jobs in UK with Visa Sponsorship?
Another way to find UK Orchard Visa Sponsorship Jobs is to search on Google, and the Internet by writing “UK Farming Companies”. It will list Farming companies in UK. And you can go to their website and apply from there.