Fruit Picking Jobs in New Zealand with Visa Sponsorship (Apply Online with Complete Guideline): The land of Kiwi produces many other delicious fruits too. According to Fresh Facts, New Zealand’s fresh and processed fruit exports in 2021 totaled $5.9 billion (2020:$5.7b), $1.0b above the previous five-year average of $4.9b (2016 to 2020). The country has fertile grapes-producing and citrus-producing land in abundance. The value of New Zealand horticulture industry has increased to over $7 billion (2022/23). According to Horticulture New Zealand, labour shortage is one of the biggest challenges the country is facing. Keeping in view this fact, New Zealand issues two kinds of visa programs for foreign fruit pickers i.e. Supplementary Seasonal Employer Limited Visa and Recognised Seasonal Employer Limited Visa. The first category is for workers already living in New Zealand for study and work, while the other one is for those workers who want to come to New Zealand for its horticultural and viticultural job industries. We will cover them both while focussing on the second category in this post. Let’s jump into the details about Fruit Picking Jobs in New Zealand with Visa Sponsorship (Apply Online with Complete Guidelines)
Overview of Fruit Picking Jobs in New Zealand with Visa Sponsorship (Apply Online with Complete Guideline):
- Job Title: Fruit Picker/ Farm Worker
- Job Region: New Zealand
- Job Nature: Seasonal
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Visa needed: Seasonal Employer Limited Visa
- Expected Salary: NZD 20-26
- Knowledge required: No
- Experience required: No
What are the education & experience requirements for Fruit Picking Jobs in New Zealand with Visa Sponsorship?
Must be able to commit for at least 3 weeks
2. Must have own transport to get to and from the orchards
3. Physically fit and strong as it is all outdoor work and be of a good height.
4. Ability to listen to instructions, a good understanding of English, and a great work ethic
5. You must hold a valid work permit / working holiday or SSE visa for NZ, plus have been issued your IRD number
- You must provide proof of your identity
- If you are from Eligible Pacific nations.
- You must be in good health
- You must be of good character
- You must genuinely intend to meet the conditions of your visa.
- You must have acceptable medical insurance for the length of your New Zealand stay.
- You must have a valid job offer.
What Documents are required for Fruit Picking Jobs in New Zealand with Visa Sponsorship?
- A Valid Passport
- The Certificate of sponsorship
- Job offer
- Medical Insurance
- Payment Slips
What is the salary package for Fruit Picking Jobs in New Zealand with Visa Sponsorship?
The average wage rate of Fruit Pickers is NZD 20-26, depending upon your qualifications, experience, and location.
Which nationalities are eligible to work in New Zealand as Fruit Pickers?
All nationalities are eligible to apply from Asian, African, Latin American, and Caribbean countries, like applicants from Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Ghana, Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Ghana, Cameroon, Trinidad, Tobago, etc. You can be from any nationality.
What is the national minimum wage of New Zealand?
NZ$22.70 per hour. For fruit picking jobs, you are likely to be on a lower bin rate for the first couple of days or so as you learn the job, then the bin rate may go up throughout the season. Moreover, as a foreigner, your wage rate may be slightly lower than your national counterparts initially.
How much does Seasonal Employment Visa Cost for Fruit Picking Jobs in New Zealand with Visa Sponsorship?
Seasonal Employment Visa costs NZD $325. Payment has to be made online.
What is the processing time of a Seasonal Employment Visa for Fruit Picking Jobs in New Zealand with Visa Sponsorship?
At a minimum, it takes 3 days. However, it may take more depending on your case, and the country issuing your passport.
Can I study with Fruit Picking Jobs in New Zealand with Visa Sponsorship?
No. You have to procure a valid International Student Visa for this purpose.
Can my Family travel with me on Seasonal Employment Visa for Fruit Picking Jobs in New Zealand?
No, your family and dependents can’t come along with you.
Can I extend my Seasonal Employment Visa for Fruit Picking Jobs in New Zealand with Visa Sponsorship?
RSE visa holders from most countries are allowed to stay in New Zealand for a maximum time of 7 months in any 11-month period.
In exceptional circumstances and if you have not already stayed in New Zealand for the maximum time allowed, you may be able to apply for a further RSE Limited Visa to continue working for a Recognised Seasonal Employer for the balance of the time you are allowed to stay.
If you want to apply for any other visa, you cannot apply until after you have left New Zealand.
If you are still in New Zealand after your visa expires, you risk being deported.
Are All nationalities eligible to apply as Fruit Pickers in New Zealand with Visa Sponsorship?
No. only the eligible Pacific nationalities described above can apply.
Benefit Scheme of Fruits/ Vegetables Picking Jobs in New Zealand with Visa Sponsorship?
- You can work on the basis of a seasonal work/ Work Holiday Work Visa, which is easy to get and can be further extended. Moreover, there are lots of seasonal workers/ holiday workers needed in New Zealand.
- Many employers offer free accommodation near the workplace (self-contained vans, tents, and huts).
- Attractive Salary Package NZD 20-25 per hour.
- Paid overtime.
- There are many employers who pay you weekly.
- As an international student, fruit picking jobs are the best way to spend summer break.
- There is a vast job market, especially as a Kiwi or cherry picker you can get jobs all over the country. Various types of fruits are harvested all around the year in New Zealand. Moreover,
Every season the New Zealand government approves a set number of Recognised Seasonal Employer (RSE) Seasonal Workers.
- New Zealand is very friendly towards immigrants and foreign workers.
How to Apply for Fruits Picking Jobs in New Zealand with Visa Sponsorship?
- First, find a valid job offer from a valid employer.
- Check if the job offer is recent.
- Check if the employer is sponsoring you for the visa or not.
- If Visa Sponsorship is not offered, Complete your visa process as described above.
- Compile all the necessary documents.
- Submit your application form with all the documents mentioned above, including your CV/ Resume.
- Job Title: Fruit Picking.
- Job Location: New Zealand
- Job Industry: Agriculture.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Experience Required: No
- Knowledge Required: Not High
- Age Limit: 18-onwards.
- Free Food: Mostly No.
- Free Accommodation: Mostly Yes.
- Free Medical Insurance: Mostly Yes.
- Free Transport: Mostly No.
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes
- Salary: UpTo 25 NZD/Hour
- Click Here to Apply
- Job Title: Seasonal Fruit Pickers/ Seasonal Workers
- Job Country: New Zealand
- Expected Salary: $22.7- $29.6
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes
- Employee Benefits: Yes
- Free Food: Yes
- Free Accommodation: Yes
- Click Here to Apply