Nanny/ Caregiver Jobs in Canada 2023 with Visa Sponsorship: Live-In Caregiver Program: Live In Caregiver Program allows foreign nannies/ caregivers to stay and work in Canada who are qualified to offer care for children, elderly people, or people with some disabilities in private homes without any supervision. The term ”Live-In” implies that there should be a living accommodation for the employee by the employer. The other process is as usual i.e. the employer has to apply for LMIA, the job offer will be approved, LMIA will be granted, the employer will assist you in your visa process, and you can come to Canada for work. Under this program, foreign caregivers can apply for permanent residence after two years. Both employer and the employee have to meet the eligibility criteria of LCP (Live-in Caregiver Program). Let’s jump into the details of Nanny/ Caregiver Jobs in Canada in 2023 with Visa Sponsorship.
Job Overview of Nanny/ Caregiver Jobs in Canada 2023 with Visa Sponsorship
- Job Title: Nanny/ Caregiver
- Job Region: Canada
- Expected Salary: $13-23 depending upon experience, skills, and location
- Entry Program: Live-in Caregiver Program
- Language requirements: Basic English or French
- Free Accommodation: Yes
- Job Nature: Full-time and permanent
- Job type: Skilled Worker
- Knowledge requirement: Secondary Education
- Experience required: at least 1 year
What are the Education and Experience requirements of Nanny/ Caregiver Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
- A written contract with your future employer, duly signed by you and the employer;
- A positive LMIA(Labor Market Impact Assessment) from any employer in Canada;
- Good knowledge of English or French; at least NCLC 5 in English Language Proficiency.
- Not less than six months of training or not less than one year of full-time paid work experience as a caregiver or in a related occupation or field(including six months with any one employer) in the period of past three years;
- Successful completion of the equivalent of a Canadian secondary school education;
- security, medical and criminal clearances; and
- Last but not least, a work permit before your arrival in Canada.
- Having an experience of one year within the last three years.
- you should be able to provide at least 30 hours of full-time care to:
- children aged less than 18 years
- Elderly persons who age is 65 or above.
- Person with disabilities
- You must live and work without any supervision in a private household where he can provide care.
- You should meet all the requirements set by CIC and human resources and skills development Canada.
This is the set of requirements for an employee/ jobseeker. The employer also has to fulfill certain requirements to offer you a job with visa sponsorship like positive LMIA, Business Number, proof of Caregiver need, etc.
What documents are required for Nanny/ Caregiver Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
- A Valid Passport
- The Certificate of Sponsorship/ Positive LMIA.
- Job offer
- Bank statement or any document that can prove you have enough money to support yourself in Canada i.e. CAN$2,500
- Educational Credentials.
- Work experience proof like employer’s reference.
- Payment Slips
How much does the Live-in Caregiver program cost for Nanny/ Caregiver Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
It depends upon if you are applying only for a work permit i.e., temporary residence, or applying with the right to permanent residence.
|Your application Processing fee ($570) and right of permanent residence fee ($515)||$1,085.00|
|Your application fee (without right of permanent residence fee)||$570.00|
|Your application fee (without the right of permanent residence fee)|
What is the age limit to work in Canada as a Nanny/ Caregiver in Canada?
There is normally no age limit to work as a nanny/ caregiver in Canada, but applicants under 16 years of age have to ask for the consent of their parents.
What is the national minimum salary of Nannies/ Caregivers in Canada?
$16.65 per hour. Previously, the wages depended upon the province you work in.
What is the processing time of Live In Caregiver Program Work Permit?
Normally it takes between 4 to 8 weeks.
What is the Salary Package for Nannies/ Caregivers Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
$ 18 per hour.
What is the Job Schedule of a Nanny/ Caregiver in Canada?
For live-in, and daycare nannies both, duty hours are between 6-8 hours.
Can you extend your work permit as a Nanny/ Caregiver in Canada?
You can extend your work permit for 2 years, after which you have to apply for a new work permit.
Which nationalities are eligible to apply for Nanny/ Caregiver Jobs in Canada?
People apply from India, Nigeria, Philippines, Pakistan, Kenya, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria, Canada UAE (United Arab Emirates), Trinidad & Tobago, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, and Mexico. You can be from any nationality.
What are the other Permanent Residence Programs for Nanny/ Caregivers Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot. Click Here to know about both of these programs.
Can you apply for Permanent residency under Live-in Caregiver Program for Nanny Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
Caregivers are allowed to apply for permanent residence in Canada after working two years in Canada.
What are the job duties of a Nanny/ Caregiver?
- Supervise children and look them after in the absence of parents.
- Prepare meals/ snacks for children as instructed by parents.
- Oversee/ Supervise children in the absence of their parents and look after their every activity like meals, homework, playtime, whereabouts, etc.
- As children are adolescents and not infants or toddlers, they can take care of their personal hygiene personally, but you have to take care if they are not doing so properly anywhere.
- Take care of the child’s social development and conduct children’s social activities like taking them to the park, swimming, karate, or any other social activity. Similarly, you have to conduct children’s meetings with any visitor in their parents’ absence under your supervision.
- Maintain a healthy environment in the home.
- Tend to the good mental health and emotional well-being of the children.
- Pick and drop children to school and any other appointment.
- Performing laundry of children and preparing their bedding when they are at school. Similarly, you have to get their lunch and snacks ready when they are back.
- Keep a trace of children’s,s everyday activity, and their health profile.
- Besides children, you have to assume the full responsibility of the household in the absence of your parents.
These job duties vary if you have to take care of old/disabled people, but primary duties like meals, hygiene look after, assisting in daily activities, etc remain the same.
What are the benefits of Nanny/ Caregiver Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
- Reasonable Salary.
- Paid annual leaves, vacations, and holidays.
- Job is available for anyone i.e. citizens, immigrants, socially disadvantaged groups, etc.
- Optional live-in accommodations were available at no charge.
- The successful candidate(s) who are not Canadian residents are assisted in the process of procuring their Canadian work permits/visas.
- Many employers offer free food.
How to Apply for Nanny/ Caregiver Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
- First, find a valid job offer from a valid employer.
- Check if the job offer is recent.
- Check if the employer is sponsoring you for the visa or not.
- If Visa Sponsorship is not offered, Complete your visa process as described above.
- Compile all the necessary documents.
- Submit your application form with all the documents mentioned above, including your CV/ Resume.
- Job Title: Caregiver/ Nanny
- Employer’s name: Dosanjh Family, BC, Canada
- Job Location: BC, Canada
- Job Industry: Housekeeping/ Healthcare/ Childcare
- Job Type: Full-Time/Permanent
- Duty Hours: Depends on the need
- No. of vacancies: 1
- Experience Required: Will be preferred
- Knowledge Required: No
- Children Age group: 13-14
- Minimum Age: 18 or 19 in some Canadian provinces. But, middle-aged adults are desirable
- Salary: CAD $14 per hour
- Job title: Maid/ Nanny
- Job Region: Canada
- Knowledge required: No
- Experience required: No
- Expected Salary: Negotiable during interview
- Employee benefits: Yes
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes
Nanny/ Caregiver Jobs in Canada under LCP is a golden and life-turning chance. The conditions to apply are very easy, as the employee has to fulfill much fewer requirements as compared to the employer. So, don’t miss the opportunity to apply for Nanny/ Caregiver Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship.