Berries Picking and Packing Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship: The Canadian Government has announced a total of 447,055 farm jobs this year, and 451,000 farm jobs in the year 2024. This year, nearly one million jobs were announced in the Canadian Farm Sector. There is no education or experience required. However, you should be legally entitled to work in Canada and should be 18 years old. Another great news is that Fruit/Vegetable Pickers can go to Canada through four possible immigration routes. You get a decent wage of CAD 16-18 per hour.
Realizing this, one of the most prestigious and accredited Berry Farms in Canada i.e. Meadow Berry Farms has advertised Berry Pickers and Packers job opportunities for local as well as international workers. You should fulfill general immigration requirements for unskilled workers in Canada, such as Basic English Language Proficiency (IELTS 4). Let’s look deeper into Berries Picking and Packing Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship.
Details of Berries Picking and Packing Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
|Job Type||Fruit Picker and Packer|
|Minimum Experience Required||No|
|Education Required||Basic English|
|Any Age Limit||No|
|Employment Term||Temporary and Full-Time|
|Salary Hourly||CAD 16-18 per hour|
What are Education & Experience Requirements of Berries Picking and Packing Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
- There is no minimum education requirement, but candidates having a minimum qualification of a secondary (high school) diploma are demanded by some employers.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or 19 in some Canadian provinces like Alberta.
- There is no minimum experience requirement, but having at least an experience of one year is demanded by some firms.
- Candidate must have a clean criminal background to work legally in Canada.
- Candidate must go through a health checkup before immigration.
- The candidate must be able to work legally in Canada, and he must meet all immigration requirements to be eligible for a Canadian Seasonal Worker Visa as described Here
What are the Possible Visa Options for Berry Pickers in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
Seasonal Holiday Worker Visa, International Student Visa, Temporary Resident Status, etc. The most common visa category is the Seasonal Holiday Worker Visa, which lasts for 8 months and can be extended for 88 days or so. However, the Canadian government has announced some other programs like the Temporary Foreign Workers Program, and Seasonal Farm Workers Program with little to no requirements and nearly 6-8 months long.
What are the Job Duties of a Typical Berry Picker at Meadow Berry Farms?
- Picking berries from the fields and orchards.
- Separate the rotten and damaged pieces from the clean ones.
- Pack the fruit in the respective cartons.
- Label the packages.
- Weighing fruit cartons before loading each carton into the truck.
- Manually cultivating and pruning berries trees and plants.
- Taking care of orchards like regularly performing weeding, rock picking, hoeing weeds, racking old leaves, loosening the soil around the plants, leveling the earth, etc.
- Manually/ By hand thinning berries from the trees.
- Placing bins in the orchard before harvest.
- Cleaning orchard.
- Repairing / Disposing of old or broken baskets.
- Sorting out over-ripened or rotten apples.
- Handling ladders up to 60 lbs.
- Load picked berries into containers while taking care of/ avoiding any possible damage.
- Some pickers are also required to drive tractors or other vehicles to deliver fruit and vegetables to the packing shed.
What are the Benefits of Berry Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
Besides Visa Sponsorship, Relocation Assistance, and Quick Visa Conformations, No knowledge or experience is required. It is also pertinent to mention here that many employers offer you Free Accommodation near the job place and one time free/ subsidized meals. You get Medical Insurance, paid overtime, paid holidays, bonuses, etc.
Who can Apply for Berry Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
All Asian, African, and Latin American countries, can apply for Berry Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship.
- The Grenadines
- Saudi Arabia
- All Asian, African, and European Nationalities can apply.
What is the Average Salary Package of a Berry Picker in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
It depends upon the Candidate’s experience, the farm he is working in (as every Farm has its own budget), season time (as you work more, you earn more during peak seasons), the Canadian province you are in, etc. However, online salary/ wages indicators or databases have averaged data from various farm employers who are based at various locations, and running different berry farms. We have found the data to be CAD 15-20. 15 CAD is the lowest, while 20 CAD is the highest average.
How to Apply for Berry Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship at Berry Meadow Farms?
Click on the link below to apply directly on the farm’s website.
How to Apply for More Berry Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
Indeed proudly presents a total of 281 Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada (including Berry Picking Jobs) . Indeed is very easy to use and follow the procedure below to find Berry picking Jobs in Canada with Sponsorship. It will list all types of Jobs, fields, names of companies, occupations, and all job descriptions. The first thing is to get a Job.
- How to Find a Job on Indeed Canada Website: First Visit the website Click Here to Apply
- It will list 281 Fruit Picking Jobs.
- Then, in the Search Bar enter the Keyword “Visa Sponsorship“, Farm Jobs/ Berry Picking Jobs/ Fruit Picking Jobs.
- Then Select Location “Canada“. Click on All Canada
- Now it will list all Jobs in Canada that Supports Visa Sponsorship.
More Ways to find Berry Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa sponsorship
Another way to find Berry Picking Jobs in Canada is to visit the individual websites of Berry Farms in Canada like Meadow Berry Farms, or google about the Berry Farms in Canada offering Visa Sponsorship and apply directly through their websites.