Chef/ Cooks Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship (Apply Online with Complete Guideline): Good news for Chefs/ Cooks: Chef/ Cook Jobs are highly demanded in Australia on visa sponsorship. Chefs are in such high demand that they have been added to the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) National Skills Priority List. Pastry Chefs, Bakers, Sushi Chefs, Sous Chefs, etc, have a high demand in Australia and New Zealand. According to Only Chefs, the biggest Commercial Cookery Platform of Australia, the average chef salary in Australia is $61,907 per year or $31.75 per hour.
According to Mondaq, the shortage of skilled chefs plus a shortage of skilled worker visas for chefs have both contributed to the nationwide shortage of Chefs/ Cooks in Australia. Due to this shortage, the Australian government is sponsoring foreign workers for Chef/ Cooks Jobs. This article below would give you a complete guideline about Chef/ Cooks Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship with the link to apply online.
Job Overview of Chef/ Cook Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship:
- Job title: Chef De Partie/ Line Cook/ Section Chef/ Commis/ Chef.
- Location: Australia
- Expected Salary: $31.75 per hour.
- Employee Benefits: Yes
- Knowledge required: No
- Experience required: Highly Prefered
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes
What are the Education & Experience requirements of Chef/ Cook Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship?
- Professional Trade Level Vocational qualification in Commercial Cookery from a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), Like Level 2 or 3 Diploma.
- One year experience as a CPD or Commercial Cook.
- Fluency in English Level i.e. IELTS with 6 Bands.
- Ability to work under pressure and close-knit kitchen environment.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication.
- Strong food knowledge and a genuine passion for the industry
- Great cooking skills and overall technical expertise.
What are the benefits of Chef/ Cook Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship?
- Competitive salary i.e. $61,907 per year
- Full-time, permanent employment
- Paid holidays, leaves, and vacations.
- Training and career development opportunities. You can be a senior pizza chef or switch to the other chef job roles.
- Employee discounts on food and beverages
- Staff meals during shifts
- Supportive and inclusive work environment.
What are the Visa Sponsorship Options for Chef Jobs in Australia?
- Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 494)
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Skilled-recognized Graduate visa (subclass 476)
- Skilled Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 489)
- Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887)
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)
- Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482)
The most popular visa types in the Skilled Migration Program are visa subclass 189, 190, and 491. These visas account for 44% of the skilled migration program in Australia.
What is the Salary Package of a Chef/ Cook in Australia?
The average chef’s salary in Australia is $61,907 per year or $31.75 per hour. Entry-level positions start at $56,000 per year, while more experienced mid-career chefs make up to $82,528 per year.
Job Description of a Chef/ Cook
- Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
- Performs all duties of Culinary and related kitchen area employees in high-demand times.
- Oversees production and preparation of culinary items.
- Ensures employees keep their work areas clean and sanitary.
- Works with Restaurant and Banquet departments to coordinate service and timing of events and meals.
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Communicates areas in need of attention to staff and follows up to ensure follow-through.
- Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Supervises daily shift operations.
- Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment, and uniforms.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Ensures completion of assigned duties.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, giving feedback as needed.
- Handles employee questions and concerns.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Participates in an ongoing employee recognition program.
- Conducts training when appropriate.
- Monitors employees’ progress toward meeting performance expectations.
- Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Supports and assists with new menus, concepts, and promotions for the Restaurant outlets and Banquets.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from the supervisor as necessary.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
- Reports malfunctions in department equipment.
- Purchases appropriate supplies and manages food and supply inventories according to budget.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Are Chefs/ Cooks in Demand in Australia?
According to Pathway Aus, Employment for chefs has risen strongly over the past five years and will continue to rise strongly in the long term. 78% of chefs are employed on a full-time basis, which is above average compared to other roles in the hospitality industry. According to UEMS Adventures, As per the reports, there’s a huge growing demand for chefs in different regions of Australia. By 2024, it’s estimated that there will be more than 117,000 chefs in Australia; this is a projected growth of 15% from 2019 (101,000)!
Who can Apply?
It doesn’t matter where you come from, Cooks/Chef’s jobs in Australia are open to people from all over the world. Anyone can apply from anywhere.
Anyone is welcome to apply, including foreigners from outside Australia. However, it is important to note that only those who the employer deems qualified for the job will be contacted.
Countries eligible to apply for Sponsorship jobs in Australia
People apply from India, Nigeria, Philippines, Pakistan, Kenya, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria, Canada UAE (United Arab Emirates), Trinidad & Tobago, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, and Mexico. You can be from any nationality.
List of Website Where You Can Find Chef/ Cooks Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship
- WorkForce Australia (Official Govt of Australia)
- SEEK Australia
- More Ways to Find Farm Working Jobs in Australia
1# WorkForce Australia (Official Govt of Australia)
Workforce Australia is the official Government of Australia website for hunting and looking for Jobs in Australia. You can search for any type of Chef/ Cook Job on this website like Baker, Pastry Chef, Sous Chef/ Commis/ Sushi Chef/ Pizza chef, etc. Let’s find a suitable one for you. There are 308,687 jobs currently advertised on Workforce Australia in total.
Their Salary Starts from $56,000 Australian dollars. The benefit is the positions are Full time and Visa Sponsorship is available.
- How to Apply: First Visit this Website: www.workforceaustralia.gov.au
- In the search bar Write “Visa Sponsorship”. or Chef, Cook, Baker or any related search.
- It will list all Jobs across Australia related to farming that offer Visa Sponsorship. facilities.
2# SEEK Australia
Seek is the Australian No. 1 Job Portal where you will find all Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship. SEEK is very easy to use and follow the procedure below to find Jobs in Australia with Sponsorship. It will list all types of Jobs, fields, names of companies, occupations, and all job descriptions. The first thing is to get a Job. SEEK has advertised 7889 Chefs/ Cooks Jobs in Australia.
- How to Find a Job on SEEK Australia Website: First Visit the SEEK website: seek.com.au
- It will list more than 2000 Cook Jobs.
LinkedIn lists 1000 + Chef/ Cook Jobs with 74 new job listings in the month of July. You can find Cook/ Chef Jobs in all capacities i.e. Line Cook, Personal Cook, Hotel Chef, Fast Food Chef, etc.
- How to Apply: First Visit this Website: www.aulinkedin.com
- In the search bar Write “Visa Sponsorship”. or Farm, Fruit or any related search.
- It will list all Jobs across Australia related to commercial cookery/ cooking that offer Visa Sponsorship. facilities.
4# More Ways to Find Farm Working Jobs in Australia
Another way to find Australian Chef/ Cooks Visa Sponsorship Jobs is to search on Google, and the Internet by writing “Australian Hotels/ Cafes/ Bars/ Restaurants”. It will list all businesses in Australia wanting to hire Chefs/ Cooks, and you can go to their website and apply from there.