Ireland Social and Healthcare Worker Visa: Health and social work jobs are always in demand and are the most sought-after in Ireland. In 2022, Ireland gave out 40,000 work permits. Most work permits were given for tasks related to health and social care. An Ireland Health and Social Care Work Visa 2023 can be applied for by people who are not from Ireland. In 2023, the first quarter is when most work permits for health and social work are granted in Ireland.
You can apply for the “General Employment Permit” if you work in this field. The Ireland General Employment Pass is meant to bring in people from other countries. You can apply for either the General Employment Permit or the Critical Skills Employment Permit for work in health and social care. Both have tasks related to health and social care. Information about how to apply and what you need to do is given below.
What is the Irish Health and Social Care Work Visa 2024?
It’s important to know what kinds of jobs and projects fall under Ireland’s Health and Social Care actions and what this really means.
Ireland Health and Social Work Activities
- Nurses: Nurses provide direct care to patients in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare settings.
- Care Assistants: People who need help with daily tasks like bathing, dressing, and eating can get help from care workers. They might work in homes, hospitals, or senior homes.
- Healthcare Assistants: Healthcare assistants provide medications and assist with wound care.
- Social workers: People who work as social workers help people who are having problems with their relationships, their emotions, or their money.
Other Activities include:
- Occupational therapists:
- Speech and language therapists
- Public health professionals
Types of Irish Employment Permits for Health and Social Work Activities
There are two different types of work permits for health and social work activities.
- Important Skills Authorization to work.
- General Permit to Work
Critical Skills Employment Permit
This pass is for people with a lot of skills. You can get this pass if you have the right skills and enough work experience. With this pass, you can also live in Ireland permanently.
- Your job must be on the list of critical skills occupations.
- On the list of jobs, you can find some health and social work-related tasks.
- The job offer has to last for two years.
- For a work pass, you need to make at least €30,000 a year.
General Employment Permit
For most people, a general work permit is the best way to get a job in Ireland. Under a general employment pass, you can do any job, including seasonal work, social work, and health and care work.
This makes it possible to hire people from other countries for jobs where there aren’t enough workers or people with the right skills.
This pass can be given out for two years at first, and then it can be renewed for up to three more years. You can ask for long-term immigration after 5 years.
Ireland EmploymentPermit Statistics
This part lists the number of work permits the Irish company gave out, broken down by country and permit type.
Health and social work activities have been given the most permits.
Health & Social Care Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Ireland
- https://Jobs.ie (use VPN if the access is denied)
- This site lists more than 30,000 Jobs in Ireland. Search for a Job there.
- IrishJobs.ie (use VPN if the access is denied)
- HSE website – Health Service Executive
- EURES Ireland
- Jobs. ie
- PQR www.pqr.com
- EFG www.efg.com
- TTM Healthcare: www.ttmhealthcare.ie
How do I apply for the Ireland Health and Social Care Work Visa 2024?
- First, you need to find a job and get an offer letter from an Irish company.
- The Employment Permits Online System (EPOS) is how your boss will apply for the work permit.
- The fee for the permit must be paid. The company may pay or you may pay.
- After getting your pass, you need to get an Ireland Long Stay D-visa.
- To get an Irish D visa, you have to look for it online.
- You are allowed to go to Ireland if you have a visa.
- You need to apply for a residence permit at the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) once you get to Ireland. This is how you get your Irish residence permit.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the Requirements for an Ireland Health and Social Care Visa?
Your job must be on the list of critical skills occupations.
On the list of jobs, you can find some health and social work-related tasks.
The job offer has to last for two years.
For a work pass, you need to make at least €30,000 a year.
Is Ireland Issuing a Work Visa Now?
People from outside the EU and EEA countries must follow strict rules when they visit the Republic of Ireland. People will only be able to get work visas for high-skilled jobs or jobs where there aren’t enough skilled workers in the Republic of Ireland.