Engineering professionals in this field are responsible for electrical product design, development, testing, and quality control. There will be 13,300 opportunities for electronics engineers in Canada between 2019 and 2028. Jobs for electrical and electronics engineers are abundant in Canada, especially in Ontario and Quebec, where there is a high concentration of manufacturing.
If you’re interested in immigrating to Canada as a qualified Electrician, you should get started immediately because of the rising need for certified Electricians nationwide. Demand for this profession is expected to rise steadily over the following years.
Work Often Performed by a Canadian Electrical Engineer
Some of the tasks those technologists in the field of electrical and electronics engineering may be tasked with include:
- Develop and test computer software, industrial process control systems, telecommunication, broadcast, recording, audiovisual systems, microelectronic systems and circuits, and power systems.
- Oversee the construction and testing of prototypes by general guidelines and accepted standards.
- Do or oversee the setup and testing of electrical and electronic devices and systems (except aviation electronics and instruments).
- Under the supervision of scientists and engineers, perform applied research in electrical and electronic engineering and physics.
- To diagnose, test, and assess the functionality of electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems, you will need to:
- Set up and operate specialized and standard test equipment
Electrical and electronics engineering technicians may be expected to perform the following responsibilities, among others:
- To aid in the creation and evaluation of electrical and electronic devices, systems, and components
- To ensure product standards and tolerances are met, you’ll help inspect, test, adjust, and evaluate electrical, electro-mechanical, and electronic components and assemblies as they come in.
- Provision of services for the setup, operation, and repair of electrical and electronic devices and systems Electrical and electronic instrumentation is calibrated using written instructions and user guides.
- Life test (burn-in) data collecting and analysis for assemblies Building and testing a prototype according to design requirements Supporting electrical and electronic engineering and physics research through a narrow range of technical tasks
Qualifications for Employment
- Engineering that deals with electricity and electronics Technicians need a two- or three-year degree in electrical engineering technology, computer engineering technology, or telecommunications technology.
- Electrical and electronics engineering technicians must complete a two-year degree program in electrical or electronics engineering technology.
- Certain jobs may necessitate electrical or electronics engineering technology certification, which can be obtained through provincial organizations of engineering/applied science technologists and technicians.
- To use the title “Professional Technologist” in Quebec, one must be a member of the governing organization for professional technologists and have completed at least two years of supervised work experience.
Salary Range for an Electrical Engineer in Canada
Annual wages for electrical engineers average $74,810 on a nationwide scale. Salary ranges can shift depending on factors such as the candidate’s experience level, the company they work for, and their geographic region. Salary fields may also be affected by the candidates’ experience, area of expertise, and the number and level of academic credentials they possess. If you want to know where the best opportunities are for electrical engineers in Canada, check out the Job Bank.
Apply For Job
It is possible to seek full-time employment as an electrical engineer after obtaining a Professional Engineer certification. Online job boards and your professional network are great places to look for work. You could also prepare for interviews by reading up on typical questions employers ask in the engineering field. Practicing your answers might provide insight into the attributes you wish to highlight and boost your self-assurance.
By reading the job descriptions thoroughly, ensure you’re CV, cover letter, and other application materials are well-tailored for each position you apply for. It’s easier to convince a potential employer of your qualifications for a position when you already have the relevant experience or possess sought-after talents. You can visit through these websites for applying for an electrical engineer job,